Subscribe to the Leadership with Heart Podcast:
- He began working in a pizza shop out of economic necessity but soon realized it was his passion
- Shahpour Nejad grew up in a family of entrepreneurs
- It's important to stay up-to-date with content and all aspects of your business
- Nejad had to tweak his recipe and menu items to cater to the California public
- He quickly realized that the Cleaveland taste for pizza is very different from the California taste
- When you know and understand how to operate your own business, your employees trust you and your guidance
- Shahpour believes the current workplace is missing two-way communication between leaders to their employees
Shahpour Nejad grew up in Iran and immigrated to the United States when he was 16 years old. After graduating from high school, he attended college at Cleveland State University. He immigrated to the US comfortably, with parents who could help him financially, but then things turned, and he had to begin working. While earning his degree, he began working at a local pizza shop. There, he helped the owner increase sales and the customer experience. Although Mr. Nejad graduated with a BS in Mechanical Engineering, he realized the pizza business was his passion. In 1986 he opened his own pizza restaurant, Pizza Guys, with a partner and has since grown it into a successful franchise.
The Listening Guide
Create a listening culture that elevates the employee experience with The Listening Guide.
Through this guide, Heather uncovers how you can ensure those you lead feel heard by taking 3 approaches to listening inside an organization.
Connect with Shahpour Nejad on LinkedIn
Subscribe, rate, and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts
Listen to the podcast on Spotify