Subscribe to the Leadership with Heart Podcast:
- This is Trent’s second episode, you can listen to his other episode here
- Trent Selbrede became a hotel General Manager at the age of 20
- He is the General Manager of Marriott International
- He enjoys building diverse teams and leading them to be their best versions
- He believes his main role is taking care of his employees
- Trent believes in servant leadership, focusing on his employees
- He strives to be present every single day for all 65 of his associates
Trent Selbrede became a hotel General Manager at the age of 20 after eight months in the business. He remains a hospitality professional and currently works with a phenomenal team at the Residence Inn by Marriott in San Diego, CA. He is also the Chairperson of the Marriott Champions for Rady Children’s Golf Tournament which raises over $120k per year for the local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital.
Trent’s ‘why’ is rooted in his wife, 2 daughters, and 2 adopted black lab mixes. In his spare time, Trent enjoys home improvement projects, mountain biking, and extensive community service.
People call Trent when they are stuck in the mud of best practices, checklists, and broken cultures. He’s not a magician, but he is incredibly resourceful and can make magic happen.
The Listening Guide
Create a listening culture that elevates the employee experience with The Listening Guide.
Through this guide, Heather uncovers how you can ensure those you lead feel heard by taking 3 approaches to listening inside an organization.
Connect with Trent on LinkedIn
Subscribe, rate, and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts
Listen to the podcast on Spotify