Subscribe to the Leadership with Heart Podcast:
- Trust is the foundation for everything
- The world around has changed, but leadership has not
- The needs of people have changed – the world needs a new type of leadership
- His new book focuses on a new way to lead: by trusting and inspiring
- Much of his work is influenced by his father and his work
- Leaders must build trust on purpose
- People no longer want to be just motived, they want to be inspired
Stephen M. R. Covey is a New York Times and #1 Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The SPEED of Trust—The One Thing That Changes Everything. He is the former CEO of Covey Leadership Center, which, under his stewardship, became the largest leadership development company in the world. Stephen personally led the strategy that propelled his father’s book, Dr. Stephen R. Covey’s The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, to become one of the two most influential business books of the 20th Century, according to CEO Magazine.
As President and CEO of Covey Leadership Center, Stephen nearly doubled revenues while increasing profits by 12 times. During that period, the company expanded throughout the world into over 40 countries, greatly increasing the value of the brand and enterprise. The company was valued at $2.4 million when Stephen was named CEO, and, within three years, he had grown shareholder value to $160 million in a merger he orchestrated with Franklin Quest to form FranklinCovey.
Stephen co-founded CoveyLink, a consulting practice, which focuses on enabling leaders and organizations to increase and leverage trust to achieve superior performance.
Stephen recently merged CoveyLink with FranklinCovey, forming the Global Speed of Trust Practice, where Stephen serves as Global Practice Leader.
Connect with Stephen M. R. Covey on LinkedIn
Subscribe, rate, and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts
Listen to the podcast on Spotify